Q: What types of projects have you drafted?

A: I have had the privilege of working on the following:

Ming Mine Map - Richardson Outdoor Recreation Park Concept & Engineering Drawings & Site Supervision - Unity Credit Union Renovation Drawings - Building Condition Assessments - Greek Orthodox Church - City of Iqaluit Subdivision Concept Drawing - Cambridge Bay Poster Plan - Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill - Commercial Condominiums - Potash Mining Facility - Commercial Strip Mall -  Warehouse -  McLurg High School Cybrary -  Medical Office - As-Builts  - Retaining Wall Design - Office Tenant Improvements - Custom Home Blueprints - Home Renovations - Home Additions - Daycare Renovation - Shop Drawings - 10 Acre Subdivision Drawings - Roof Leakage Investigation - 3D Modeling - Camp Climbing Wall - Apartment Design Development​ - 3D Panoramic Virtual Tours

Q: How much do you charge?

A: My hourly rates are competitive and vary depending upon the scope of each project.

Q: When do I need blueprints for a renovation project?

A: Blueprints are needed for any structural changes or additions.  Three copies of plan drawings for the area under construction are typically issued, but please contact your local municipality to confirm their requirements.

Q: Do you stamp drawings?

A: No, I do not.  However, if a stamp is required, I prepare construction drawings to be stamped or sealed by a professional Architect or Engineer.  

Q: Do you have Worker's Compensation coverage?

A: Yes

Q: Do you carry professional liability insurance?

A:  Yes

CLIENT faq's

Q: What projects can you complete without an Architect or Engineer's stamp?

A:  The National Building Code of Canada allows Draftsmen/Architectural Technologists/Building Designers to create blueprints without requiring an Architect's stamp for projects that fall under Part 9 Housing and Small Buildings.  The building can be up to 3 storeys in height and have a footprint of not more than 6458 square feet (600 sq m).  This means that each floor level can be 6458 square feet measured from the outside surface of the exterior walls.  Firewalls are used to increase the allowable area.  The building can be any of the following major occupancy types:

​​Group C, Residential Occupancies
(Apartments, Boarding houses, Clubs - residential, Colleges - residential, Convents, Dormitories, Hotels, Houses, Lodging houses, Monasteries, Motels, Schools - residential)
Group D, Business and Personal Services Occupancies
(Banks, Barber and hairdressing shops, Beauty parlours, Dental offices, Dry cleaning establishments not using flammable or explosive solvents or cleaners – self service, Laundries – self service, Medical offices, Offices, Police stations without detention quarters, Radio stations, Small tool and appliance rental and service establishments)
Group E, Mercantile Occupancies
(Department stores, Exhibition halls, Markets, Shops, Stores, Supermarkets)
Group F, Divisions 2 and 3, Medium- and Low-Hazard Industrial Occupancies
(Division 2: Aircraft hangars, Box factories, Candy plants, Cold storage plants, Dry cleaning establishments not using flammable or explosive solvents or cleaners, Electrical substations, Factories, Freight depots, Helicopter landing areas on roofs, Laboratories, Laundries – except self-service, Mattress factories, Planing mills, Printing Plants, Salesrooms, Service stations, Storage rooms, Television studios not admitting a viewing audience, Warehouses, Wholesale rooms, Woodworking factories, Workshops)
(Division 3: Creameries, Factories, Laboratories, Light-aircraft hangars – storage only, Power plants, Salesrooms, Sample display rooms, Storage garages - including open air parking garages, Storage rooms, Warehouses, Workshops)

Q: Can you make blueprints?

A:  Absolutely.  As a CADD Technologist (Professional Draftsman), blueprinting is my trade.


Q: What can a CADD Technologist (Professional Draftsman) do for me?

A: "Often known as an architectural technologist, a draftsman has the skills and understanding to draw up quality plans but is not a licensed architect.  A competent draftsman has the training and knowledge to assist you with your design and your plans, from the initial stages through to completed construction documents, but he or she will not have the stamping powers of an architect or structural engineer.  Still, a good draftsman can be a valuable partner, and charges much less than an architect."

                                 More Straw Bale Buildings by Magwood, Mack, and Therrien pgs. 125-126

Q: Do you make renovation or addition blueprints?

A:  Yes, I get involved with all types of construction.  Whether you have a new build, addition, alteration, reconstruction, renovation, demolition, removal, or relocation, I will gladly take it on.

Q: Do you have 'hands-on' construction experience?

A: Yes.  I have 2 years of construction experience including framing, rod-busting (steel rebar installation), siding, flooring, and working as a site supervisor on high-end custom home construction projects.